More often, our email box is filled with the simple question, “How can I cleanse my home?”
Usually we customized our smoke cleansing technique based on the client and the nature of the activity taking place. The steps below are for basic cleansings in clearing residual energy and not intended for use in an intense haunting.
To cleanse and bless your house or apartment, use the entire bundle of sage to light.
Sage can be bought at your local flower and garden shop. We discourage buying from major retailers, as their harvesting practices are not in line with Native American tradition.
- Open your front door.
- Go to the back of the house, and cover as much of the room as you can reach. Be sure to hold the bundle as high as you can. Don’t forget the corners of the rooms.
- Work from the back toward the open door at the front.
- Go into every room, including bathrooms, closets, utility rooms, kitchen…everywhere.
- When you get to the front door, say “Anything not here for the highest and best good of those who live here, be gone. You are not wanted, and you are not welcome. This home has been cleansed and blessed.”
- Then walk out the door, close it, and sage around the door and door frame.
- Leave the bundle outside to burn itself out.
- Make sure you put it on dirt, or on something that will not burn.
- Please note, that this is a very basic cleansing exercise and not meant for use in an intense haunting.